As 2017 comes to a close, Chaney’s Champions wishes to thank our many supporters and partners for a wonderful year. In just one year,
Chaney’s Champions has been able to spread acts of kindness in many different ways. As we look forward to what is ahead in 2018, we wanted to reflect on the accomplishments this year.
Teddy Bear Donations to Multiple Organizations
In 2017, Chaney’s Champions donated a total of 405 teddy bears to organizations that support children in need.
- Donation of 95 Teddy Bears to Durham County Sheriff’s Office
- Donation of 95 Teddy Bears to Orange County Sheriff’s Office
- Donation of 25 Teddy Bears to Hillsborough Police Department
- Donation of 190 Teddy Bears to EDMARC Hospice for Children
Chaney’s Champions started in 2016 with a donation of 100 Teddy Bears to
Apex Police Department. During 2017, our donated Teddy Bears have been used nearly 20 times to comfort children in need in the Apex area as Apex Police Officers encounter children in a crisis situation.
Successful Fundraising Efforts
We are very thankful to our multiple donors during 2017. In addition to individual donations, Chaney’s Champions held two successful fundraising events during 2017.
- Chaney’s Champions partner with DefyGravity in Durham to Bounce 4 Bears. The fundraiser brought in nearly $300 to support our work
- Turner Creek Elementary in Cary, NC chose Chaney’s Champions for its service project in December of this year and raised approximately $1,700 to benefit Chaney’s Champions! In addition to raising money, the students at Turner Creek recorded how they would pay kindness forward in their community on Chaney’s Champions Teddy Bear ornaments.
We appreciate the support and we look forward to #ChampionOn in 2018!
About Chaney’s Champions – Chaney’s Champions is a 501C3 non-profit located in Apex, NC. Founded in 2017, Chaney’s Champions was formed to honor the memory of Chaney James Corcoran. Its mission involves paying it forward through random acts of kindness. The organization is currently focusing its work on donating teddy bears to be used to assist children in need. Since December 2016, Chaney’s Champions has donated Chaney Bears to multiple agencies (Apex Police Department, Durham County Sheriff’s Office, Edmarc Hospice for Children, Hillsborough Police Department and Orange County Sheriff’s Office).