New Partnership with Zach’s Toy Chest is being made possible through Marathon Row Fundraising Event held on June 29, 2019 at CrossFit Surmount in Apex, NC. This is the fourth donation made possible as a result of the fundraiser. Donation event will occur on October 11, 2019
APEX, NC – Chaney’s Champions, a 501C3 non-profit based in Apex, NC, announces a donation of 50 of its GUND “Chaney Bears” to Zach’s Toy Chest, a Holly Springs, NC based non-profit that provides toys to pediatric cancer patients receiving treatment at UNC and Duke Children’s Hospitals. The donation is being made possible through a Marathon Rowing Fundraising Event that was held in June of this year at Apex, NC CrossFit Affiliate, CrossFit Surmount. This is the fourth partnership that has been announced as a result of the successful fundraising event. Chaney’s Champions will be donating 50 of its GUND Chaney Bears to Zach’s Toy Chest on October 11, 2019 at 10am at UNC Hospitals.
Chaney’s Champions was formed in 2016 and has donated 842 teddy bears to organizations that may encounter children in crisis situations. An additional 416 teddy bears are scheduled to be donated in the next several months, which will bring the total bears donated to 1,258. To date, Chaney’s Champions has donated to the following organizations:
- 220 teddy bears to the Apex Police Department (66 additional teddy bears schedule to be donated soon);
- 100 teddy bears to the Roxboro Police Department and Fire Department;
- 95 teddy bears to the Durham County Sheriff’s Office;
- 95 teddy bears to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office;
- 190 teddy bears to Edmarc Children’s Hospice;
- 25 teddy bears to the Hillsborough Police Department;
- 50 teddy bears to the Clayton Police Department;
- 67 teddy bears to the Carrboro Police Department;
- 100 teddy bears to the Garner NC Police Department (Donation Event scheduled for October 11, 2019);
- 100 teddy bears to the York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office (VA) (Donation Event scheduled for November 1, 2019);
- 100 teddy bears to the Cary Police Department (Donation Event scheduled for December 20, 2019);
- 50 teddy bears to Zach’s Toy Chest (Donation Event scheduled for October 11, 2019).
About Chaney’s Champions – Chaney’s Champions is a 501C3 non-profit located in Apex, NC. Founded in 2016, Chaney’s Champions was formed to honor the memory of Chaney James Corcoran, who passed away suddenly at 10 weeks old as a result of SIDS. Its mission involves paying it forward through random acts of kindness. The organization is currently focusing its work on donating teddy bears to area law enforcement agencies. The “Chaney Bears” are used to help bring comfort to children in need and provide opportunities to pay kindness forward, which embodies the mission of Chaney’s Champions to #ChampionOn with small tokens of kindness. To fulfill its mission, Chaney’s Champions depends on the generous financial support from family, friends, & members of the community. More information about Chaney’s Champions may be found at http://www.chaneyschampions.org
About Zach’s Toy Chest – Zach’s Toy Chest is a 501C3 non-profit located in Holly Springs, NC. Originally created to provide children receiving cancer treatments something to pass the time with and make their day a little brighter. Zach’s Toy Chest mission has been to help children focus on fun and play – not cancer, not the hospital. Over the last few years, Zach’s Toy Chest has grown tremendously and they are now able to supply both in and out patient areas of both Duke and UNC Children’s Hospitals. The organization is currently working to donate toys to the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital in Greenville, NC as well. More information about Zach’s Toy Chest may be found at http://www.zachstoychest.org.